Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Back to Basics...

Basic tees, tanks, shirts... I like to refer to these guys as my "fashion staples".

I know a lot of you out there, if not all of you, own a basic white tee. You know, the one that you wear to the super market with jeans and flip flops to kick off your Sunday errands? Would you wear that same white tee out to dinner, solo, just like that? I hope not! But would you wear that white tee with a statement necklace, skinny jeans, and gold pumps or a casual grey linen blazer? Sounds more like it, right? Some of you might be afraid of pulling it off! Well I'm here to tell you LIKE HELL YOU CAN! Sometimes, the simplest things in our closets are the most promising. I think that after fishing through your closets last week you may have found a ton of these super reliable items! It's now time to make the most of them. Whatever you do, don't underestimate their potential!

We all need that go-to outfit and these basics in our closets are lifesavers. Just make sure they aren't dingy :) Good places to find replacements when you start noticing moth holes, yellow stains, etc... American Apparel, the GAP, Michael Stars, BDG, ASOS, Nation LTD, Fruit of the Loom!

You can pair pretty much anything with these basics. From skirts, shorts, vests, and jackets to any type of accessory your little heart desires.. below are a few examples. Take note and happy experimenting!

  

2 comments:

  1. I wear white (and gray) tees ALL THE TIME! They are my favorite items! And just because you linked it, I just spent my lunch hour browsing the Michael Stars site...I blame you if I go broke ;) Keep up the blogging, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha! glad to contribute to your retail therapy :)

    ReplyDelete